Initiatives of Change
Initiatives of Change (IofC) is an international network open to people of all cultures, nationalities, religions and beliefs, who work towards change, locally and globally, by starting with change in their own lives.
IofC is focussed around the interaction of people, whether few or many, in homes, small or large groups, personal encounters, training courses, and local or international conferences. For over 60 years IofC has brought people of diverse backgrounds and faiths together. It has provided a rallying point for individuals and teams to work for justice, healing and human development, based on personal change starting in their own lives.
Current initiatives are aimed at ...
- Healing the wounds of history where cultures and civilisations meet;
- Strengthening the ethical foundations of democracy;
- Encouraging care and responsibility in family life and personal relationships;
- Bringing hope in cities and communities;
- Tackling the root causes of poverty and corruption;
- Strengthening moral commitment in economic life;
- Forging networks among people from different faiths and cultures.
These aims have been adopted at the international MRA consultation in November 1993 and updated in August 2001.